(Senior) Data Scientist
Brüel & Kjær Vibro (B&K Vibro) is one of the world’s largest independent suppliers of machinery protection and condition monitoring systems. The systems are installed on rotating and reciprocating industrial machinery, such as pumps, turbines, compressors, motors, generators and gearboxes. Their solutions include hardware, software, sensors and all the required services, training, and consulting to install, integrate, apply, and operate these solutions.
At B&K Vibro they share the vision to “keep the world’s machinery in motion by making asset health management as easy as a click”. To make this become a reality, they’re combining state-of-the-art machine learning with the expertise of their experienced diagnostic engineers to derive meaningful and actionable insights.
As Senior Data Scientist at B&K Vibro you will be responsible for the data processing and algorithm & feature development of their centralized solution for predictive maintenance of industrial assets. The ideal candidate seeks mathematical robustness in solutions, loves to code, and will get their hands dirty with large volumes of complex raw data from which they will seek to derive meaningful and actionable insights.
You will be part of a strong and agile team at B&K Vibro’s Danish office, working closely with internal customers (remote monitoring team) and your peers in software development. You will focus on building tools and algorithms that deliver value to the customers.
- Utilize the power of machine learning and advanced analytics. Leverage these techniques to achieve better, safer, and more sustainable operations for B&K Vibro’s customers’ machinery.
- Empower the remote monitoring team by automating repetitive monitoring tasks, providing actionable insights, and improving the accuracy of anomaly detection.
- Extend and maintain the value of B&K Vibro’s predictive maintenance system.
- Drive innovation and contribute to intellectual property.
- You have 3+ years of experience in data science in a business environment.
- You possess a Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, other related area, or equivalent qualifications through work experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Python and preferably experience in R and at least one compiled language (e.g. C or C++).
- Experience with signal processing and preferably domain knowledge in condition monitoring.
- Ability to understand and deliver in the presence of rapidly evolving product, customer and business needs.
- Autonomous and solution-oriented working methods.
- Commitment to teamwork and communication of ideas, and a desire to be creative.
- Full working proficiency in English.
What B&K Vibro offers:
- The opportunity to play a decisive role in shaping the core product in an early stage alongside a diverse, multinational team.
- A vast amount of historical data, direct access to internal and external customers to “close the loop”, and a close relationship to the manufacturers’ experts in the machines’ components.
- A competitive salary combined with attractive corporate benefits.
- An attractive working environment including “working from home” option and flexible working conditions.
- Remote team events and opportunities to socialize with colleagues also during Covid.
If you recognize yourself in this description, please send your complete application, including your earliest starting date and salary expectations, in English to Thomas Okkels at IMC Business Consulting: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone +45 5373 1760. You’re also welcome to get in touch if you have any questions or would like to know more about the position. B&K Vibro is an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for this position without regard to national origin, gender, identity, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, veteran or disability status.