Experienced Profile within
Mechanical Design and Engineering
Would you like to work with design of custom made machines and solutions for industrial clients globally? And contribute with development and optimization of the company’s products? A position is open to become part of a rapidly growing company.
Mark & Wedell A/S
M&W is an international manufacturing company, that sells its recognized engineering solutions to a growing clientele through its three business areas: M&W JAWO Sampling, formerly owned by FLSmidth (sampling equipment for the mining, metal and cement industries as well as process companies), M&W ABC (measuring and monitoring equipment for power plants) and M&W Big Science (Current Leads for Big Science and industry). As a separate business area, M&W performs subcontracting work for several reputable Danish companies.
40+ employees based in Kvistgaard, between Copenhagen and Helsingør, develop, produce, sell and install high-quality engineering solutions. M&W thus has all links in the value chain in-house on the same premises. 80% of revenue is in the form of exports to the rest of Europe, North America and the Far East. The company values customer focus, flat management style and delegation of responsibility as well as motivation of skilled employees. See more at www.m-w.dk.
The role as mechanical engineer
With reference to our Head of project management and mechanical engineering, you will become part of a competent group consisting of approx. 10 employees – primarily engineers – in Mechanical and Electrical design and construction. You will be given the opportunity to work with diverse work tasks:
- Provide mechanical design, solutions and customization of products according to customer requirements, often with integration into clients existing plants.
- Produce 2D and 3D drawings with parts lists for production
- Mechanical design of the current and future generations of solutions within the JAWO brand including product improvement and development
- Standardizing and modularizing products
- Support sales staff with conceptional application design of sampling systems
Everything will be done in close cooperation with the production, sales and service staff.
You have over 5 years of experience with mechanical design and engineering. Your educational background can be as a mechanical engineer, diploma engineer or other relevant academic background – preferably at bachelor level. Practical experience with production is an advantage but not a requirement. In addition, we put emphasis on the following skills:
- You master 2D and 3D CAD. We use Inventor and expect you to be experienced with either Inventor or similar CAD programs, as well as with MS Office.
- You are motivated by and experienced with designing mechanical machines and solutions
- Experience from a combined mechanical and electrical design team is an advantage, but not a requirement
- You have excellent command of spoken and written English.
- You have knowledge of design codes, i.e. machinery directive and other relevant standards.
- You are dedicated to quality and documentation and have a sense of detail, but at the same time maintain a holistic perspective
- You can work independently and effectively, but are also an outgoing team player with good collaboration skills at all levels of the organization
- You handle many tasks simultaneously and will thrive in a department that undergoes transformation in the form of increased digitization and optimization of workflows and processes
- As a person, you are loyal, honest and conscientious
You will be part of a team of competent and dedicated colleagues looking forward to welcoming you. The company is characterized by an informal atmosphere and the tasks and responsibilities are wide.
What we offer
A position where you can develop further in a growth-oriented and international environment. You will be able to develop your skills in engineering, both professionally, technically and personally. You get flexible working conditions, a competitive salary according to your qualifications as well as a good working environment in a flat and competent organization. Start date as soon as possible, but we will wait for the right candidate.
IMC Business Consulting A/S handles the recruitment process for Mark & Wedell A/S. For further information, please contact Thomas Okkels on tel. 53 73 17 60. If you can see yourself in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.