Head of Data & Analytics
Brüel & Kjær Vibro (B&K Vibro) is one of the world’s largest independent suppliers of machinery protection and condition monitoring systems. The systems are installed on rotating and reciprocating industrial machinery, such as pumps, turbines, compressors, motors, generators and gearboxes. Their solutions include hardware, software, sensors and all the required services, training, and consulting to install, integrate, apply, and operate these solutions.
B&K Vibro is looking for a skilled and experienced Head of Data & Analytics (m/f/d) to join their team in Lyngby, Denmark.
At B&K Vibro they share the vision to “keep the world’s machinery in motion by making asset health management as easy as a click”. To make this become a reality, they’re combining state-of-the-art machine learning with the expertise of their experienced diagnostic engineers to derive meaningful and actionable insights.
As Head of Data & Analytics at B&K Vibro you will act as thought leader and establish a data-driven AI-first culture. You will shape the team to derive value from large volumes of complex raw data of industrial machines in various segments, including wind and hydro energy. While your primary focus is on the leadership part of the job, you’re ready to get your hands dirty and act as a pro-active part of the team by being involved in the development and execution of key data science projects whenever needed.
- Step forward as a trusted and empathetic leader from day one. Coach, develop, and build an exceptionally strong team.
- Utilize the power of machine learning and advanced analytics. Leverage these techniques to achieve better, safer and more sustainable operations for B&K Vibro’s customers’ machinery.
- Foster a value creation-based culture of performance for the Data & Analytics team.
- Steer the development and implementation of a long-term data & advanced analytics strategy. Upskill the entire organization in modern analytics, including big data, advanced analytics, and best practices in automated decision making.
- Guide us through the next evolution into a data-driven organization. Build on the existing awareness for the immense potential of data and promote the usage of insightful data products within the business.
- You have 3+ years of experience in senior-level data role at high-growth companies within tech and/or other industries with a proven track record of business impact by leveraging real machine and operations data to deliver outstanding customer value.
- You possess a Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, other related area, or equivalent qualifications through work experience.
- Inspiring creator: You have hands on experience in scaling data & analytics departments from scratch and building high-performing teams.
- Lead by example: You have at least 2+ years of experience in leading and mentoring data teams, promoting a growth mindset, and out-of-the box thinking.
- Efficient collaborator: Your deep understanding of stakeholder needs, and strong communication skills make it easy for you to build trust-based and value-added relationships with the business.
What B&K Vibro offers:
- The opportunity to play a decisive role in shaping the core product in an early stage alongside a diverse, multinational team.
- A vast amount of historical data, direct access to internal and external customers to “close the loop”, and a close relationship to the manufacturers’ experts in the machines’ components.
- A competitive salary combined with attractive corporate benefits.
- An attractive working environment including “working from home” option and flexible workingconditions.
- Remote team events and opportunities to socialize with colleagues also during Covid.
If you recognize yourself in this description, please send your complete application, including your earliest starting date and salary expectations, in English to Thomas Okkels at IMC Business Consulting: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone +45 5373 1760. You’re also welcome to get in touch if you have any questions or would like to know more about the position. B&K Vibro is an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for this position without regard to national origin, gender, identity, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, veteran or disability status.