Brüel & Kjær Vibro (B&K Vibro) is one of the world’s largest independent suppliers of machinery protection and condition monitoring systems. The systems are installed on rotating and reciprocating industrial machinery, such as pumps, turbines, compressors, motors, generators and gearboxes. Their solutions include hardware, software, sensors and all the required services, training, and consulting to install, integrate, apply, and operate these solutions.
At B&K Vibro they share the vision to “keep the world’s machinery in motion by making asset health management as easy as a click”. To make this become a reality, they’re combining state-of-the-art machine learning with the expertise of their experienced diagnostic engineers to derive meaningful and actionable insights.
As Data Engineer at B&K Vibro you will partner with Data Scientists by developing code to enable research. You will construct pipelines to combine data from various sources. You will bring it into usable and reasonable formats and structures by cleansing and transforming the data. You will be the technical go to person for the Data Scientists when it comes to data ingress, modelling, processing and the data lake. In addition, the Data Engineer is also expected to take on the role of a project manager, coordinating the team’s efforts during all project stages.
You will be part of a strong and agile team at B&K Vibro’s Danish office, working closely with data scientists, internal customers (remote monitoring team) and software development. You will focus on enabling the data scientists to derive actionable insights from data to deliver value to the customers.
- Support in structuring the data acquisition for our remote monitoring by providing evidence about the data needs.
- Enable analytics engineers by providing the data required to develop and train models.
- Develop data pipelines (ingestion, cleansing, transformation, persistence etc.)
- Extend B&K Vibro’s data lake with data flows and data structures
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Data Science, other related fields, or equivalent qualifications through work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in data engineering or a similar field.
- Experience with Data Munging.
- Expert in Python and very good knowledge of MS Azure could analytics.
- Result driven mindset combined with strong project management abilities.
- Advance knowledge of different database technologies like SQL, NoSQL, object-relational databases.
- Commitment to teamwork and communication of ideas, and a desire to be creative.
- Full working proficiency in English.
What B&K Vibro offers:
- The opportunity to play a decisive role in shaping the core product in an early stage alongside a diverse, multinational team.
- A vast amount of historical data, direct access to internal and external customers to “close the loop”, and a close relationship to the manufacturers’ experts in the machines’ components.
- A competitive salary combined with attractive corporate benefits.
- An attractive working environment including “working from home” option and flexible working conditions.
- Remote team events and opportunities to socialize with colleagues also during Covid.
If you recognize yourself in this description, please send your complete application, including your earliest starting date and salary expectations, in English to Thomas Okkels at IMC Business Consulting: e-mail email@example.com, or phone +45 5373 1760. You’re also welcome to get in touch if you have any questions or would like to know more about the position. B&K Vibro is an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for this position without regard to national origin, gender, identity, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, veteran or disability status.